Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Blog (2.0)

I've decided to bite the bullet and buy my own domain name, where I will move my blog for Media Practices and set up a shamelessly self-promotional space as well.  We have to create a website for Understanding Media so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone.  I'm completely new to web design as I mentioned earlier, so this will be a good experiment as well.  


I spent the better part of two hours (seriously) just trying different names that I thought would be appropriate.  Some sounded too stuffy or overreaching, others too goofy (although I have to admit, had dangerousgaming.com been available we wouldn't be having this conversation).  I finally came across thegamewriter.com which stuck.  I really wanted a .com, I'm not altogether sure why.  Anyway, like I said, the site will be a repository of all my work at The New School (I'll throw in some of my old stuff from VT for now, we'll see if that seems to bad later on).  


I'll also include an area for my professional writing that I did for GotGame and Dootsi.  And I'm thinking about a members-only space to include my event calender for my mom.  I'm going to need to find some good pictures of myself to include, maybe after I learn to use photoshop.  The ones from my college facebook account probably wouldn't do.


No comments: